Will SGE2010 do the tagging?

Linksys, Netgear, ect. Webbase configurations for switches or layer 2 devices.

Will SGE2010 do the tagging?

Post by Guest »

Hi all Im trying to find out if SGE2010 will do the following feaute: Port 1: Vlan X UntaggedPort 2: Vlan Y UnttagedPort 3: Vlan X tagged, Vlan Y tagged. port 3 would be a ASA apliance with two virtual interfaces on that VLANS. Will the swich add the tags when untagged frames comes from port 1 or 2 and will forward it to port 3 tagged.Will switch remove tags from port 3 and deliver it to corresponding Port 1 or Port 2. Ive achieved this behaviour with a netgear switch. Thanks

Re:Will SGE2010 do the tagging?

Post by Guest »

Jose,The switch will do that for you, it will remove the tag once it comes back in on the trunk port.However, this switch will not allow you to tag vlan 1 so you will have to use 2 different vlans other than one and tag them on the trunk port.

Post by Guest »

Hi David Thanks! ok, i wont use VLAN 1 at all, I need 8 different VLAN, ive seen these switches supports up to 256.Is that correct?

Post by Guest »

Yes Mr. Montes that is correct.  The switch will support up to 256 vlans.

Post by Guest »

Let me ask you one final question... These SGe2010 will be in same envirnment as Catalyst 3750 Could you please provide an example for this configuration on a Catalyst? Port 2 --> Untaged VLAN2Port 3 --> Untaged VLAN3Port 4 --> Untagged VLAN4Port 5 --> Unttaged VLAN2, Tagged VLAN3, Tagged VLAN4.  Thanks!