• Advertisement

Why can I reach internal Web Server from outside?

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

Re:Why can I reach internal Web Server from outside?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:08 pm

NT you were right.  Turns out it wasn working for me - apparently my corporate office must be blocking non well-known ports.  Tried from another network, and got right in.  Apparently the ISP is in fact blocking port 80.

Thanks again for your advice and assistance!

-Bk

Advertisement

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Everything seems to configured right. Im seeing that you are getting your outside IP via DHCP.Aare you sure that the IP address that you are trying to access from the browser is the one that you have in the outside?.

Do u have any available public IP address to try (no the one in the interface).

Or remove the fixup protocol http 80 and try again.

SOmething have to work.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Hello Diego,

Yes Im getting a DHCP address, from the ISP.  I am able to make an outside SSH connection to the PIX (Im connected as we speak) so Im sure its the correct address.  No unfortunately I don have another available public address to try.

I made the fixup change youve recommended and tried again - no change.  I agree with you that "something has got to work"!!  Im sure Im missing something simple, probably nothing to do with the config.

Thank you - please let me know if you have any other ideas!

-bk

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:01 pm

Is the default gateway of the Server the INSIDE of the PIX?

If you use a sniffer in the server are you able to see the Syn packets coming from the outside.?

PreviousNext

• Advertisement