• Advertisement

CIVS-IPC-4500 firmware

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

CIVS-IPC-4500 firmware

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm

I am trying to use a CIVS-IPC-4500 camera with Milestone Xprotect.  The short story is the recording software is unable to get the H264 stream.  The MJPEG stream goes in & out.  I spoke with Milestone and they support the IPC-4500 firmware 1.0.1.  My camera has firmware 1.0.3.

As a side note when Milestone is trying to record the video I am unable to view live video from the IPC-4500 web page.  In fact I typically have to powercycle the camera to clear this condition.

It would seem changing the firmware would be a good start to resolve this issue.

So where do I find the old firmware?  Is there a newer firmware that is more reliable?

Advertisement

Re:CIVS-IPC-4500 firmware

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Here is the firmware you are lookiing for.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks for the firmware.  I was able to download it, but unable to get the camera to load the firmware.  Im getting an "ActiveX initilization failed" (see image).  I tried both IE8 and IE6 from different computers.

untitled.bmp

Is there an alternate method to load firmware on this camera?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Dear AARON,

I faced the same problem and it solved by the following :

1-from IE ,open the Camera you need to upgrade ,then from tools ---> Internet option ----->Security -----> Local Intranet---->Sites ----> then uncheck Automatically check Intranet network ------> Advanced ------> add the URL .

2-  back to the upgrade page ,the process will be completed successfully.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy 

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I also had to set my security to LOW for the local internet.  Got the firmware downgraded.  Still have issues with Milestone viewing the video stream properly.  Ill have to call tech support again.

• Advertisement