• Advertisement

Can I generate new SSC on LWAPP?

Configuring Wireless Cisco Networks and Wireless Controllers.

Can I generate new SSC on LWAPP?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:13 am

Hello

We have had some LWAPP recycled back into our network after clearing them using clear lwapp private-config

However, when they come back up they are not associating with our controllers correctly and this is the log entry:

Failed to authorize AP with Base Radio MAC 00:12:80:3f:40:f6. Authorization key  does not match with SHA1 key in Controllers AP Authorization List.

I have searched for this string and found the following advice on this link

AP_AUTHORIZATION_FAILURE

#
Field[/quote:ctk4q8nb]
#
Description
#

MIB Name

#

bsnAPAuthorizationFailure

#

WCS Message

#

Failed to  authorize AP "{0}". Authorization entry does not exist in Controllers "{1}" AP  Authorization List.

#

Failed to  authorize AP "{0}". APs authorization key does not match with SHA1 key in  Controllers "{1}" AP Authorization List.

#

Failed to  authorize AP "{0}". Controller "{1}" could not verify the Self Signed  Certificate from the AP.

#

Failed to  authorize AP "{0}". AP has a self signed certificate where as the Controllers  "{1}" AP authorization list has Manufactured Installed Certificate for this AP.

#

Symptoms

#

An alert is generated when an access point fails to associate  with a controller due to authorization issues.

#

WCS Severity

#

Critical.

#

Probable Causes

#

The access point  is not on the controllers access point authorization list.

#

The key entry in  the controllers access point authorization list does not match the SHA1 key  received from the access point.

#

The access point  self-signed certificate is not valid.

#

The access point  has a self-signed certificate and the controllers access point authorization  list for the given access point references a manufactured installed  certificate.

#

Recommended Actions

#

Add the access  point to the controllers authorization list.

#

Update the  access points authorization key to match the controllers access point key.

#

Check the  accuracy of the access points self-signed certificate.

#

Check the  certificate type of the access point in the controllers access point  authorization list.

It says to update the access points authorisation key to match the controllers access point key....does anyone know how to do this?

thanks

Bryn

Advertisement

Re:Can I generate new SSC on LWAPP?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:34 am

To generate a new SSC you will need to convert that AP to IOS and then use the LWAPP Upgrade Tool to convert them back to LWAPP.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 am

thank you, I was hoping this wasn going to be the answer, but if it is, then Ill get to it

thanks

Bryn

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:36 am

Bryn,

You can get the SSC hash off the LWAPP AP, and just input it into the controller and then it will attach, the document below should cover how to get the existing SSC SHA1 Hash off the AP

http://www.ciscosystems.com/application/pdf/paws/69339/lwapp_upg_tool.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kayle

• Advertisement