• Advertisement

Translate MGCP command to H323

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

Re:Translate MGCP command to H323

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:57 pm

OK, i just ran that command and it is indeed using dial peer 1000 for the call.

Yes, this product integrated via a SIP trunk that is configured in call manager.

Advertisement

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 pm

I believe you issue may be with the DTMF protocol being used between the SIP application and the CUCM.  On your SIP trunk configuration in CUCM do you have media termination point required checked?  you may have to have that check, see below.

You can configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager SIP trunks to always use an MTP. Check this check box to provide media channel information in the outgoing INVITE request. When this check box is checked, all media channels must terminate and reoriginate on the MTP device. If you uncheck the check box, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager can decide whether calls are to go through the MTP device or be connected directly between the endpoints.

#Note : If check box remains unchecked (default case), Cisco Unified Communications Manager will attempt to dynamically allocate an MTP if the DTMF methods for the call legs are not compatible.

#

For example, existing phones that run SCCP support only out-of-band DTMF, and existing phones that run SIP support RFC2833. Because the DTMF methods are not identical, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager dynamically allocates an MTP. If, however, a new phone that runs SCCP, which supports RFC2833 and out-of-band, calls an existing phone that runs SIP, Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not allocate an MTP because both phones support RFC2833. So, by having the same type of DTMF method supported on each phone, no need exists for MTP.

Also what do you have set for your DTMF signaling method in the trunk configuration?  I have OOB and RFC 2833 set and DTMF works fine in my voice setup, Iam using a SIP trunk for outside calls.  When it is OOB and RF 2833 it sends out both type of DTMF.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm

I would suggest the same MTP checkbox on your SIP trunk in CUCM and that is why I asked you to confirm if the app is integrated with CUCM via a SIP trunk, make sure that MTP resources is running and registered with CUCM, its device pool - region settings etc, you can simply use the software MTP on CUCM. Let me know if you need help in setting this up.

Thanks

Ovais.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

You guys were correct!

There was currently no MRGL assigned so I chose that, then checked the require MTP checkbox and now its working.

Thanks a lot for your help.

FYI first I tried changing the signaling on the SIP trunk to OOB and RFC 2833 and that didn have any effect.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Thanks

Ovais.

Previous

• Advertisement