• Advertisement

CUCM Auto Registration Security

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

CUCM Auto Registration Security

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi. Could anyone help me? How Can I secure Auto Reassertion in CUCM 5.1, everyone who installs IP communicator in our company can register to system , Can I block  IP addresses on firewall or Call Manager? or can I block exact Phones by Mac address or something? I do not wont to disable auto registration in general.

Thank you in advance

Advertisement

Re:CUCM Auto Registration Security

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I can not limit whole network I just want to disable Auto registration for some phones because they are taking license unites. I Can not belief that CUCM does not have this feature. is it way to Block some ports on FW or block some exact phones on CUCM maybe By mac address?

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:33 pm

You don`t have this option. If you are concerned with CIPC only phoneds as opposed to hard phones t79xx hen if your hard phones are on the voice e.g 22. and your CIPC are on 10. networks then this is the only way to do this or even go down to the subnet ? Otherwise block woth ACL on switches or in FW`s

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm

As I understand there is no way to resolve this problem and it is very stupid to use auto registration feature. anyone can get phone plug in to the network and get number and until phone is in the network I can not delete it is it true?

P.S I can not block whole network because we have many little branches where there are no Voice Vlan.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 pm

No Auto reg is not a stupied feature as always it is all about configuration and  how any system is up and implemented. As I mentioned you can either limit what DP`s has access to a Auto Reg enabled CCM or turn off CCM completely however it seems you want Auto reg. left on ?

How have you deployed CIPC- do all P.C`s/ Laptops have the SW on their build then perhaps oremove the CIPC application and only deploy it to offical devices?  If you wish to limit then it is a process if you can not do any ALC on the switches or FW`s then perhaps

You could create a CIPC template with a description of " Auto Reg......" - all Auto reg CIPC will register with this description field hen if the CIPC is "offical" then you re-write this if it is not offical then the description will remain and so them you can do a bulk deletion based upon the "auto reg..." description field  

• Advertisement