• Advertisement

Some simple questions about WVC2300 and WVC210

Some simple questions about WVC2300 and WVC210

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:20 pm

1 Anyone know if both of the surveillance cameras able to use in outdoor?

2) Are they both waterproof?

3) If both of them able to use outdoor, what is the worst condition not to be able to use them?

4) Can WVC210 able to use in low light condition?

Thanks for the time to read and/or answer my question, I need to get few surveillance cameras for my new home, and new to put 3 of the cameras outside, my friends home was using wvc210 at indoor and he is having a good experience with it, so I am deciding to use wvc210 for my indoor cameras, and want to use the same brand camera for outdoor monitoring as well.

Advertisement

Re:Some simple questions about WVC2300 and WVC210

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

The WVC210 and WVC200 are indoor cameras and should not be used outdoors. There is an external enclosure available for the PVC2300 which should work with the WVC2300 if the antennas are removed and it is used as a wired camera. The model number of the enclosure is VC020. You can find more information at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/security/video_surveillance_lenses/index.html-tab-Models

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Thank you for the quick answer, but I have to use a wireless surveillance camera, wired one is not what I am looking for, anyways thanks for the quick reply.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

What I have seen customers do in the past that were looking for an outdoor wireless option was build an enclosure and place a WET200 in it and attach PVC2300s with enclosures to the WET200.  The WET 200 is a small business wireless bridge. Just a thought.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Support Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Look for VC 0xx enclosures on the cisco small business web page.  Not for WVC210 though.

• Advertisement