• Advertisement

WAP4410N Wireless Connection Control detects invalid MAC Address

Linksys, Netgear, ect. Webbase configurations for Wireless access points.

Re:WAP4410N Wireless Connection Control detects invalid MAC Address

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank you so very much - I ran into this same problem on my new WAP4410Ns.  When trying to enter the MACs for 5 new Lenovo Laptops that have Broadcom 802.11G wireless network adapters the WAP reported them as invalid.  I tried changing them to 00:.... to no avail.  After using your information of setting them to 02:.... was able to change the MACs for the wireless connections and get them working.  Again - Thank you very much.

Advertisement

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello,

Also you can do this. You can log into the WAP4410N and save the configuration file.

After saving your config file, open the config file up using notepad or any other text editor.

scroll all the way down to where you see the mac entrys put the Pcs mac address into the file and

save the file. After doing this load the new config file into the wap4410n.

Thanks,

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Many thanks to KeltechITdept for kind comments. Just pleased my experience helped with your Lenovo Laptops! However, if I interpret next poster Jasons

message correctly, there has been an easier solution all along! I checked out the WAP4410N config file and the MAC Address table for the Wireless Connection

Control feature is dead easy to spot and of course edit as he says. I have a feeling that using Jasons method allows the PCs native Wireless LAN Mac

Address (in my case 0C: etc) to be entered without the need to resort to "spoof" it to 02: etc. Haven had time to actually try this yet with the Compaq

Netbook as this is now way down my current priority task list! But I reckon it makes sense. Maybe Jason can confirm this to be the case?

Regards to all
Norrie

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Norrie,

Your welcome,

Just found that out recently and it works very well. After reconfiguring the config file, just load it back into the wap4410n .

Log into the wap4410 and just verify that the mac address is in the mac field, and test.

I have only tested on one pc, but if it worked for that one mac address it should be the same for other pcs.

Reguards,

Jason

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi Jason

Busy learning how to produce an XP SP3 CD with all latest hotfixes, drivers etc slipstreamed just now, and cannot risk getting side-tracked! However my next task is to personalize the Compaq Netbook for my wife (after all it was her Xmas pressie and here we are well into 2010 and all she can do on it is play a few games and surf the web). So I will test your method then by setting its MAC Address back to its factory setting, and editing the WAP4410N config file as you said. I know exactly how to do it, anticipate no issues and will post my result ASAP.

Thanks for your continued support.

Norrie

PreviousNext

• Advertisement