• Advertisement

WET200 WEP ok, but no WPA/WPA2 with WAG325N

Linksys, Netgear, ect. Webbase configurations for Wireless access points.

WET200 WEP ok, but no WPA/WPA2 with WAG325N

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 am

I have installed a WET200 to connect two printers to my wireless network replacing two WP54G Print Servers, and bridge to a WAG325N Wireless-N ADSL2+ Gateway.

Previously I was using WEP, but intended to upgrade to WPA or WPA2.

I can get all equipment to communicate fine via WEP.

I can also get everything other than the WRT200 (two laptops, two PDAs) to communicate with the WAG325N Gateway via WPA or WPA2.

But I can get the WET200 to talk to the WAG325N.

Ive updated the firmware on the WET200 to 1.0.12 and powered off/on.

Im sure the WPA passphase is correct (cut & past from file).

I can see from other threads that there are some known problems in this area linking to other manufacturers, but mine are both Linksys.

Anybody got some ideas of what else I should be checking for or settings I might have missed?

Advertisement

Re:WET200 WEP ok, but no WPA/WPA2 with WAG325N

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 am

After you did the firmware upgrade on the wet200 did you do a factory.  If not, do a factory reset of the bridge and reconfigure it.  Then see if it will connect up.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:57 am

I got the same configuration. i bought the WET200, because of its WPA2 capability. Unfortunately this brigde is not working with the WAG325N and WPA2 enabled. The wireless connection is established, because when i set an PC with static IP (192.168.1.x) connect through wired to the brigde, i can ping the ADSL router (which is 192.168.1.1) or other devices connected directly to the router, when i enter the DNS to the PC, i also can connect the internet. But i cannot ping the PC behind the bridge from the router. Also DHCP is not working for PC connected to the brigde. As soon as i disable the wireless security, everything is working, but thats not what i want.

and yes i made a firmwareupgrade on both, the WET200 and the WAG325N, and i made a factory reset more than one time.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:06 am

Im completely sure that I Factory Rest the WET200.  Ill try at the weekend and report back.

Thanks

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 am

My last post was medant to that that I wasn completely sure if Id done a Factory Reset after upgrading the firmware.

But I have now spent the afternoon on this, and can confirm that the Factory Restet doesn help.

Let me give some more detail of what Im doing, juts in case this throws up some ideas of whats going wrong.

The Linksys WAG325N is my ADSL Gateway, and Ive a desktop PC connected via cable.  Ive a HP laptop with built-in Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, and then the WET200 bridge.  All three wireless devices communicate happily (but less than securely) via WEP.  The steps Ive been following are:

1. Connect my laptop via ethernet cable to the WET200 (and disable the laptops wireless connection). 
  2. Use the web interface to change the Wireless security to WPA-2 Personal with my pre-shared key.  My laptop can ping the WET 200 Bridge IP address, but via the cable.
  3. Immediately change the wireless security on the WAG325N to match (WPA-2 Personal and key).
  4. After waiting a period of minutes for everything to settle down, I try to ping the WET 200 Bridge from the desktop PC.  No response.
  5. I then disconnect my laptop from the bridge, re-enable wireless and change the wireless settings to WPA-2 Personal (with pre-shared key).  I can succesfully ping the WAG325.  My deskstop can successfully ping the laptop.

I repeat the exercise with WPA, but still no success.  Ive tried a number of variations, including powering off/on the Bridge after re-setting the security.  The WET200 shows a signal strength for the wireless connection, but the WAG325 just doesn want to know the WERT200.

What else can I try?

• Advertisement