• Advertisement

WRVS4400N Models / EOL Support Dates

Linksys, Netgear, sonicwall, ect. Webbase configurations for routers.

WRVS4400N Models / EOL Support Dates

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Forum,

Can someone please provide official End of Life Support dates references for the WRVS4400N models. I have owned this device for quite sometime and feel it needs to retire.

Cisco,

You could have provided better support by releasing a DD-WRT version of firmware along with more frequent IPS releases. I personally will never purchase any of your SOHO UTM style devices ever again. While I have not experienced any nightmares with the device, I am not exactly impressed with your abandoning support for the device without official notices.

I know of multiple security issues with the device that "SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED", but Cisco never took action. SOHO devices like this could have better support models if you followed some of the open source community models. I won go into the security issues here out of respect for others.

Things Cisco could of done:

1. Release IPS signatures more frequently - I can count on one hand the number of releases you provided.

2. Release a DD-WRT version of the firmware - the communities could of taken the ball and ran with it and made customers much happier at low cost for Cisco. WIN WIN for everybody and increases customer satisfaction.

Results of not supporting the SOHO devices:

Cannot speak for anyone else here but I work on really large IT contracts (millions $+). Your sporadic support makes me feel less confident about Cisco overall. In the long run I definately won recommend your SOHO products to ANY future customers, and I will be more wary of your more expensive security hardware.

Advertisement

Re:WRVS4400N Models / EOL Support Dates

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello Rrathbun  and thanks for participating in the Small Business Support Community. It seems you did not get the service you expected and Id like to escalate your case if possible. Can you please provide me with your Small Business Support Center ticket number(s)? You can either post here or email me directly (streaves at cisco dot com).

If you have not yet opened a support ticket, please do so ASAP. Youll find a list of contact numbers here: www.cisco.com/go/sbsc. The US Center is available 24/7 and there is never a charge for warranty support.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Cisco case ID number is 61654275.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you, Mr. Rathbun. Stay tuned ........

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Stephanie,

It was really nice to get this level of professional support at the SMB level. You and your co-workers exceeded my expectations, and I really appreciate the quick turn around on a solution.

Thank you Cisco Team! :)

• Advertisement