• Advertisement

CCNA voice and unity connection

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

CCNA voice and unity connection

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi all.

My question is simple. In my ccna voice studies, can i use unity connection instead of unity express ? i havent seen unity express so i dont know how much working difference is there. To put it simple, can unity connection be a replacement for unity express in ccna voice studies ?

Thanks

Advertisement

Re:CCNA voice and unity connection

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi John,

Some of the Voicemail "feature" principles will carry over from Unity Connection

to Cisco Unity Express (commonly referred to as CUE), but thats about it

my friend

CUE is a "Router based" offering with a completely different look&feel;

Cisco Unity Express Design Guide

Cisco Unity Express is an entry-level auto-attendant (AA) and voice-mail system that is integrated with a Cisco IOS router for small-to-medium business or enterprise branch offices requiring up to 100 mailboxes.

Cisco Unity Express provides a distributed AA and voice-mail application to an IP Telephony solution where the large offices may have a high-end voice mail solution (such as Cisco Unity) and one or more of the smaller remote offices may use a local or distributed Cisco Unity Express for voice mail. Cisco Unity Express is deployed with one of two call-processing models that are based on either Cisco CME or Cisco CallManager.

The call processing engine (Cisco CME or Cisco CallManager) manages the IP phones and features such as call-forward-busy (CFB) and call-forward-no-answer (CFNA) to the voice mail pilot number, while Cisco Unity Express provides the AA menus, scripts and voice mail telephony user interface (TUI) sessions for callers retrieving or leaving voice messages. Cisco Unity Express stores the AA scripts and prompts, voice mail subscriber spoken names, greetings and voice mail messages.

Cisco Unity Express interfaces with Cisco CME call control via a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) interface and to Cisco CallManager via a Java Telephony Applications Programming Interface (JTAPI) interface.
Cisco Unity Express Overview

Cisco Unity Express is offered in two forms: a Network Module (NM) and an Advanced Integration Module (AIM) that is added to the router in the office. Cisco Unity Express hardware includes a CPU to offload AA and voice-mail processing from the router CPU such that Cisco Unity Express has minimal impact on the router CPU, as well as storage (hard disk on the NM and compact flash on the AIM) for the AA menus, prompts, voice-mail greetings, and messages.

The NM-CUE offers up to 100 hours of voice mail storage and is available as of Cisco Unity Express 1.0. The AIM-CUE offers up to 8 or 14 hours of storage (depending on which flash card is equipped) and is available as of Cisco Unity Express 1.1. Cisco Unity Express is available in four different product tiers (or licenses), including a 12-mailbox, 25-mailbox, 50-mailbox and 100-mailbox license.

The key benefits of Cisco Unity Express include the following:

•Provides a cost-effective, Cisco-integrated voice mail solution for IP phones in the branch or remote office as part of the full-service branch (FSB) evolution.

•Delivers a router-integrated AA and voice-mail application for Cisco CME.

http://www.networkingacademies.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuemodel.html

Cisco Unity Express 3.2 Installation and Upgrade Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/installation/guide_/install32.html

This will help with your CCNA-Voice studies

The Cisco Learning Network - CCNA-Voice

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/voice_ccna?tab=overview

Cheers!

Rob

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Hey Rob, you make me wish I was dealing with voice stuff, so I could have you answer my questions! +5 my friend!

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your nice comments my friend

It means a great deal coming from you!

You should come over to the Voice (Dark) side, its so much fun

Cheers!

Huff

• Advertisement