• Advertisement

Passed CCNA 802 and need to keep information fresh

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

Passed CCNA 802 and need to keep information fresh

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Hey everybody- I passed the CCNA 640-802 exam last week and while Im searching for an entry-level position, I need some ideas on how to keep all the information I learned fresh. At my disposal I have the CCNA 1-4 curriculum books, the Lammle CCNA book, and the ICND1&2 books by Wendell Odom. I also have my own summaries for each chapter of the aformentioned books. I also have packet tracer and the Boson preparation exams. I took a week off after the exam and took one of the practice exams from the Odom ICND2 book and can tell my knowledge has already deteriorated slightly I guess its true about "use it or lose it": Anyway, my tentative plan is to go over as many of my chapter summarizations each day and a few packet tracer labs. If anybody out there has been in a similar position and stuck to a schedule of 1-3 hrs a day of post-exam study, please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Advertisement

Re:Passed CCNA 802 and need to keep information fresh

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi,

One suggestion is to keep an eye on the posts appearing in the WAN, LAN and Getting Started Netpro forums.

Not all the questions posted are aimed at a CCIE level, some are CCNA level questions.

It will also give you exposure to real world problems rather than theoretical questions you would find in a book. This will also help if you are looking to move into the networking field.

If you don know the answer to the questions asked it can still be a useful exercise to go and research the questions anyway. This will help to keep the material that you have learnt fresh. You may also learn something new along the way.

Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful by clicking on the stars below.

Cheers

Sean

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the response. Good suggestions. What additional certifications would you recommend to compliment the CCNA? I had the A+ certification but it recently expired so Im considering studying for that next. Im currently taking classes for the Security + and Network + certifications. In your opinion, which of these three certifications would be the best to work on first? Or is the CCNA by itself enough to get an entry-level networking job?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Mark,

I would recommend reading other materials or "branch out" to other areas of networking such as wireless, security or voice. This would give you a leverage in your current or potential job.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks a lot for the response. Good suggestions. What additional certifications would you recommend to compliment the CCNA? I had the A+ certification but it recently expired so Im considering studying for that next. Im currently taking classes for the Security + and Network + certifications. In your opinion, which of these three certifications would be the best to work on first? Or is the CCNA by itself enough to get an entry-level networking job?

• Advertisement